SJEM deeply values the contributions of the Presidents and CEO’s of each of our sponsored institutions and the contributions that you make to ensure the life of Catholic identity and flourishing of mission and charism for which you serve. We rely on your wisdom and commitment as you guide SJEM sponsored schools to be the best environments for learners to grow in faith, knowledge, relationships, and service who will then be change makers in the world furthering God’s unifying love.
Leaders gather with SJEM executive director on a scheduled ongoing basis to discuss and support issues, ideas, and matters pertaining to Catholic identity and mission. All new leaders will participate in a series of foundational formation sessions to acquaint them to the meaning of sponsorship through a ministerial public juridic person, the history and charism of their founding congregation and the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet.
Leaders will meet periodically to offer support to one another, share resources, and communicate with SJEM Executive Director regarding issues impacting their institutions and any needs of SJEM Members. Ongoing communication between each leader and SJEM Executive Director will serve to mutually benefit both the sponsored institutions and SJEM.
SJEM opportunities & support
- SJEM Executive Director will contact new Institutional Leaders to schedule formation activities. (Required)
- SJEM Executive Director will work with Mission representatives to facilitate formation.
- Institutional Board Chair or Leader or their delegates will contact the SJEM Executive Director to request formation program(s).
- SJEM may provide, periodically, additional formation program(s) offered to any constituents interested from any of the sponsored institutions.
- Resources will be posted on the SJEM website, including materials to assist institutions with matters and processes pertaining to sponsorship by SJEM and informative materials to assist institutions in guidance on issues regarding Catholic identity and mission integration.
- Institutional leader or Board Chair may contact the SJEM Executive Director to request specific resources.
Opportunities for Collaboration across Institutions
- SJEM Executive Director may contact Institutional Leaders to establish SJEM special interest groups—Mission representatives, faculty, staff, etc.
- Institutional Leaders may contact the SJEM Executive Director to request the establishment of a special interest group.
- SJEM Executive Director will facilitate the development of the annual Sponsorship Day gathering for all SJEM Institutions.
Consultation and Institutional Interests
Institutional Leadership may contact the SJEM Executive Director for guidance in addressing an institutional issue that impacts its Catholic identity and its Sister of St. Joseph heritage. SJEM will not dictate or direct its institutions in what their responses will be. Rather, through its relationship with each sponsored institution, it will advise guidance that results from careful consideration of both Catholic identity and the spirituality of the Sisters of St. Joseph and through dialogue as a member body.
2023-2024 Meeting Schedule (all times CST)
- Monday, September 25, 2023 11am
- Monday, December 4, 2023 11am
- Monday, February 12, 2024 11am
- Monday, April 15, 2024 11am
- Sponsorship Annual Report: Complete each year for each sponsored institution